Rane Aria

Just reading, drawing,crocheting and enjoying naps

Claiming the Courtesan

Claiming the Courtesan - Anna Campbell It's been quite some time since I read such a dark romance such as this one, both lead characters draw on your emotions tightly and didn't let go until the final page. At times the actions in this book were a hard pill to shallow, but nevertheless it kept you wanting and reading more. Kylemore was one of those Alpha Males I detest the most, pushing and hurting others to have it their way, acting more of a caveman then a human being. Most of the time he was very shovel worthy to the point you wanted to grab the nearest shovel and hit him over the head with it. But slowly you start to see the demons that haunt him, how they claw at his very soul and made him the man you first meet. Verity was another trouble soul who gave up her life and body for the people she loved the most in the world. While many turn to sneer at this, you can’t help but be at awe at her and how she survived what most women would have killed themselves over. Verity kept her faith that one day she be free, and hid her truth self behind her other self: Soraya. I was kinda leery picking this book up when I read of the abuse and rape of Verity at the hands of Kylemore, although not as graphic as another book I read, it still hit you in the gut making you want to turn away and keep reading at the same time. As the story unfolds more you start to see more of Kylemore and Verity true selves and they weren’t pretty, and just as you hated Kylemore you started to feel for him, his pain and his demons. Slowly you come to see Verity still hiding and blaming herself for her past. Kylemore become just a man dealing with demons and slowly a man who started to redeemed himself in the face of a love he never knew he could feel. Verity finally accepted herself as she was and stop running away from her past and Kylemore. Two characters I couldn’t help but want to be happy after all they suffered through and was actually relieved when they finally told each other their feelings for one another. This book may have been dark but through the hardships you could see the light at the end of the tunnel for Kylemore and Verity and was happy and pleased they found they’re way outta the darkness and each other.Overall: one hellva a story that kept you on the edge but also went to show you that facing ones demons may be hard but if you have someone to love and whom loves you for all your faults on your side the light at the end of the tunnel is waiting for you...