Rane Aria

Just reading, drawing,crocheting and enjoying naps

Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1)

Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) - Lisa Kleypas There are two things I can always count on when it comes to LK's books: a great story and rememberable characters. While the story of STWOV was great I felt the characters were less then remarkable. Grant was a great hero with his strength in justice and his love for books was a total bonus, Sadly, I felt his narrow-mindness toward Vivien’s remarks were below him and dragged down the story at times making you wanna smack him over the head, even when something wasn’t right and staring him right in the face he still kept being mule-headed. Victoria was also good, but I felt was to over-shadowed by Grant, making me wish more of the story was center around her and dealing with getting her memories back. The story and the secondary characters were the true bright spot of this book showing you the life of Bow Street Runner and they’re trials and hardships, but once again I wish the focus wasn’t solely on Grant but more on Victoria giving her a chance at more depth. The sensual level is red hot between Grant and Victoria and the tension building between them is something I enjoyed greatly.Overall: a great story but I felt lacked some real character depth at times, luckily the story makes up for it.