Rane Aria

Just reading, drawing,crocheting and enjoying naps

Married by Morning (Hathaway Series #5)

Married By Morning - Lisa Kleypas At the start of the The Hathaways series, I will admit, I really disliked Leo. He was such a self-center baby, and didn’t care the damage he was doing to his family whom loved him. At the same time I was curious at what LK planned for him. Slowly she reveled the Leo whom has faced his demons and is walking out of the shadows. And by Seduce Me at Sunrise and Tempt Me at Twilight, I was looking forward to his and Cat story. And with the cliffhanger at the end of TMAT, I was a little leery it wouldn’t stack up, but my fears were for not, as I was quickly wrapped up with Leo and Cat’s foes to lovers story. This story was thankfully dead aim focus on Cat and Leo with the rest of the Hathaways well and truly in the background, not so much in the foreground like the first three books. It was great to see glimpse of everyone and how much love the Hathaways had for one another, but I was happy that stayed in the background. The foreshadowing was hinted about Cat for awhile, but everything is finally reveled about her hard past. It’s not a super-sweet past either, but tough and sad for one so young. You understand her actions toward Leo in the beginning, and her banter/fighting with him makes sense. I really enjoyed the character Cat, and her no-nonsense ways, and how she always seem to put Leo in his place with a few choice words or a look. She also had a big heart which she hid for so long, and the need for love and family. Both she finally found with Leo and the Hathaways and her brother. The one problem I did have with Cat is her always running away. Cat always came off as strong even in the face of danger, which she shows when she comes face to face with her past. This running away made me annoyed with her. Thankfully Leo and Dodger are right behind her. Leo is the biggest surprise for me through the Hathaway series (so far) I didn’t like him, but through MBM I was head over heels in love with him. Leo was scared of losing to love again, and really didn’t want to go through that again, but the pull between him and Cat was so strong, he knew he would never let her go. Leo was dogmatic in his pursuit of Cat, and every hot and funny moment was pure bliss. I enjoyed every moment of these two, and wanted more,More,MORE! Leo and Cat has a lot of things that caused them to run, but finding love in one another, they finally stopped running from one another, and running toward each other. I was so happy to see their HEA and by the end of this book, I was still in bliss.Overall: a wonderful/awesome addition to the Hathaways series, Leo and Cat (and Dodger!) were just down right perfect from start to finish. I could go on and on about how much I love this book, but will contain and say, it was a joy to read. I can’t wait for the last installment of this wonderful series!