Rane Aria

Just reading, drawing,crocheting and enjoying naps

At Grave's End (Night Huntress Series #3)

At Grave's End - Jeaniene Frost Life should be great for Cat Crawfield, with her undead lover Bones by her side, a great job kicking the undead’s butt and friends whom have her back, but when Cat and Bones are force to stop an all out vampire war they’re in for a the fight of their lives... The more I read The Night Huntress series the more I can’t help but fall in love with all of the characters and the world Frost has built. Some series suffer as they go along, but Frost doesn’t disappoint At Grave’s End with non-stop action and the relationship between Cat and Bones still growing as a war is raging in the shadows. Cat and Bones still shine bright keeping their wits and humor about them as they face some major bumps in their ever changing and growing relationship. Their still awesome as you start to see even more sides to Cat and Bones. This book packed a major punch with non-stop action from page one, almost reading like a Hong Kong film with silver flying everywhere. With the action taking place it also gave secondary characters a more three dimensional feeling making me a happy fangirl with more Spade air time, but also made me take notice of Tate whom still dealing with his one-sided love. Plus the rest of the cast and even a surprising new character that may make your eyes roll at him being so passe, but you really start to like him quickly and his quirky humor. While the action fast pace kept you reading, this forced romance to take a vacation, which was an overall bummer for me as that’s what really draws me to the Night Huntress series is the romance between Cat and Bones. The love scenes between them were hot and fast and very short and not as sexy not holding a candle to the earlier books of the series. I would have liked more between Bones and Cat, but this book felt at times to much of a filler giving the relationship a standstill feeling. Plus the ending was left open for the other books that follow and was kinda sad... But it did give a chance for Frost to build her other characters so in the end it was a win-win for the readers.Overall: even with the lack of romance (for me) this action filled book will have you reading this winner and amazing addition to the series till the very end.