Rane Aria

Just reading ,crocheting, and enjoying naps

The 16 Festive Tasks -Dies Natalis Solis Invicti

Tasks for Dies Natalis Solis Invicti:

The Romans believed that the sun god rode across the sky in a chariot drawn by fiery steeds.  Have you ever been horseback riding, or did you otherwise have significant encounters with horses?

I've had several animal companions through my life. One of the first animal companions I had as a child was a horse named Encore. Encore hated humans, dogs and anyone or anything that happen to be on his side of the field. As a four year old I thought he was amazing, He was tall at about 15 hands, a silver grey mane and golden eyes that could strike fear in the heart of anyone. I thought he was so pretty and wanted to make friends.  My father who also had horses as a child taught me that a way to a horses heart was gentle hand, trust and food, lots of food, cause horses are truly just big, tall pigs. So with sugar cubes in hand, my father gave me one cube in my tiny palm and with hope in my heart. I offered the cube to this huge horse. Encore took it gentlely, nuzzle me for more and from then I had a fast friend. As a daring child I was always outside playing with my dog, my cats, with Encore always keeping a close eye on me. He taught lessons I use with many other animals I have rescued, by keeping a kind, open heart, you will find love. Encore passed like he lived; hated humans, dogs and anyone or anything that happen to be on his side of the field but loved his little girl who always shared sugar cubes with him.