Rane Aria

Just reading ,crocheting, and enjoying naps

The 16 Festive Tasks-Thanksgiving Day

Tasks for Thanksgiving Day: List of 5 things you’re grateful for:

Catching up with my tasks after freaking out my family with all my color-coordinated boxes of X-Mas/Winter decor stuff and the more I have amassed this year. Hanging from the roof as I complain loudly about hanging up lights while my herd (my cats) climbs the ladder with me, sits on the roof and hangs on the lights.Plus, just enjoying the cold,wet weather and snuggling up with as many blankets as I want.

To list just five things would be impossible for me as I've been blessed, gifted, lucky to have some many people,pets, things to be truly grateful. My family and friends who are family, who have been my anchor in many storms, whose been my lighthouse, my safe harbor when the days seem dark. Who understand better then I understand myself somedays.

To my dear herd: my cats, Sopy,Cry,Abra,Josh,Pete,PJs who always end up making me laugh as some crazy cat things they do and who give me extra love and cat head butts when am sad or happy, My little doggie Osc who doesn't let me skip our exercise days rain or shine. I better be like Rocky and get to moving! My other cankerous but kind dog Mia who steals my blankets when she feels like it, and my pillow,and my side of the bed...

To the authors who let me escape into their world when I need a major break from the real one. The little keeper bookshelf that is being rebult ,better, stronger and bigger! The blank pages in my art journal ready for some idea to flow from my mind into my fingers, and pencil to paper.

But most importantly, I was ever so grateful to have had my dear Smokey in my life. This year Smokey crossed the rainbow bridge in peace. Before "emotional support animal" was even heard of, that amazing cat was my anchor when I was at my lowest. I stop dwelling on the bad shit, the panic attacks and started worrying about this big grey cat who needed me. I wasn't in the best shape at the time, but he saw in me something I didn't at the time. Strength. Bravery to face down the bad crap happing my life. It's still not easy somedays, even more so because I miss him so much, and not a day goes by I don't think about him or cry a little. But I know to take it one day at a time and slowly it'll get easier because he loved and believed in me and made me believe in me!