Rane Aria

Just reading, drawing,crocheting and enjoying naps

Ten Bookish Questions

Taken from Murder by Death :D

1. What book is on your nightstand now?

Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat

2. What was the last truly great book that you read?

I guess in terms of "epic-ness"  It be The Star Touched Queen, it had such a vivid and beautiful writing.

3. If you could meet any writer – dead or alive – who would it be? And what would you want to know?

John Burroughs- an early naturalist. I adore his writings in how he makes nature and people so intertwined with the other (and should be). His observations of animals, plants, people are very interesting. If I could meet him I just love to have a nice talk with him over a cup of tea (or coffee) about the world.

4. What books might we be surprised to find on your shelves?

Some old gag gifts joke books.

5. How do you organize your personal library?

My own style usually by favorite author.

6. What book have you always meant to read and haven’t gotten around to yet? Anything you feel embarrassed never to have read?

I have a goal of reading War & Peace one day but to say I have a classic book or other wise that I was meant to read or embarrassed I haven't read. Then no. I read what I like or feel like at the time.

7. Disappointing, overrated, just not good: what book did you feel you were supposed to like but didn't? Do you remember the last book you put down without finishing?

There were a few mainstream books like 50 Shades of Grey and Twilight that everyone went crazy over, and found myself not caring for them. As for the last DNF, I can't remember at the moment.

8. What kinds of stories are you drawn to? Any you stay clear of?

I think it all depends on the book itself, but I tend to be drawn to adventure novels with a nice touch of romance.

I stay away from books about abuse of people and animals.

9. If you could require the prime minister to read one book, what would it be?

Hm, I don't know maybe World History? :D

10. What do you plan to read next?

The Raven Cycle